Code of Conduct
- IDA members will offer value for money as determined by prevailing market conditions.
- IDA members will conduct all their dealings in a fair and transparent manner and with absolute integrity.
- Members guarantee that all vehicles sold by them are unencumbered.
- Members will not assist or get involved in financing or invoicing transactions with financial institutions on behalf of non- approved dealers or operators.
- Members shall not knowingly sell vehicles which have been involved in total loss accidents, i.e. ‘rebuilds’ to the public. If such a vehicle should be sold, it must be done on a ‘voetstoots’ or ‘as is’ basis and the client must be fully aware of the status of such a vehicle.
- Members will not appoint sales staff or managers who have previously been dismissed for misconduct in the motor trade.
- Members will not sell vehicles knowing that the kilometre reading on the specific vehicle is suspect.
- Members will not trade under the ‘park and sell’ concept.
- Clients will have the right to approach the IDA Executive Management to mediate in cases where differences between the client and an IDA member could not be agreed upon.